Gleefully “stolen” from another blog.
1. Tell me something obvious about you: I wear glasses and like to sing with my eyes closed. If you think this is not obvious, look at my picture.
2. Tell me something about you that many don’t know: I don’t like meeting new people (face to face. I prefer the internet). I hate small talk.
3. What is your biggest fear: Getting trapped in an elevator without a book. Again!
4. Do you normally go the safe route or take the short cut: Normally I will take the short cut. And then I will get lost.
5. Name one thing you want that you can’t buy with money: Good friends.
6. What is your most treasured possession: I can’t narrow it down to just one. I’m a bit of a packrat. I would probably say my books and my pictures & scrapbooks because the best things in life are knowledge and memories.
7. What is the one thing you hate most about yourself that you do often: Avoid exercising.
8. What is your favorite lie to tell: Hmm, it could be that I am the Queen of the Universe but then I would have to admit that I was really not the Queen of the Universe and that would just be wrong.
9. Name something you’ve done once that you can’t wait to do again: Gone to Vegas and not been suffering from bronchitis. Or, respectively, gone to Vegas and seen an Elvis impersonator perform. Oh, let’s face it, I want to go back to Vegas. Now.
10. Are you the jealous type: No.
11. What is the one person, place or thing you can’t say no to: I’m thinking it would have to be cheese. I am a cheese addict.
12. What is the nicest thing someone has ever done for you: I have some really great friends who decided to buy me a DVD player for my birthday (with the first season of Buffy on DVD & Zoolander).
13. If you could do something crazy right now, what would it be: Probably get my nose repierced. I probably won’t though.
14. When was the last time you cried: Last night when I was writing this post. I was crying about how much I miss an old friend of mine, Becky.
15. When was the last time you felt so good that nothing else mattered: I don’t think I’ve ever felt that way. I’ve been very close to it but there’s always something in the back of my head.
16. Do you feel comfortable in public with no shirt on: No. But I frequently go in public without a bra because I think they are evil inventions that don’t really work anyway.
17. Name something embarrassing you did while being drunk: There was this guy, while I was living in Madison, that I thought was so incredibly gorgeous and nice and funny. And, for some odd reason (shut up, I can still make self-deprecating comments if I want because they are fun), he seemed to like me. It was unbelievable. We were still in the getting to know you stage and he was over at the house we were renting. Somehow a bunch of us started drinking tequila and playing spin the bottle (okay, maybe. I don’t really remember a lot about this night). Anyway, whether or not we were playing spin the bottle, I think I was going to kiss him or he was going to kiss me. And then, all of a sudden, I started to feel sick. I jumped up, ran to the bathroom and proceeded to throw up. Really ruined the moment. Never saw him again after that, oddly enough. Boy, I could do a post on dumb things I’ve done when I was drunk that would really, really explain to you why I don’t drink now.
18. Name one person, past or present, with whom you’d like to spend the day: Ooh, this is tough. Mil Millington, Shakespeare, Nora Roberts, my grandmother, Jennifer Crusie, Meat Loaf, Adam West. I could go on and on. Probably my grandmother because I really miss her.
19. Name one place you’ve never been and would like to go, and tell me why: The United Kingdom. I have always wanted to go there, maybe live there, if I had my way. I am a huge Anglophile. It has a lot to do with the fact that I’ve been reading Shakespeare since I was 12 and always want to spell things with a u. Colour, humour, petrol (just seeing if you’re paying attention).
20. What’s the story behind your online persona/name: I wrote a post about this once. My mom hated all of my previous screen names (I have no idea why. They were all so sedate and lady-like (Troubled Vixen, Bad Bad Kitty Girl, Fruit Fly)). My initials are DM which sounds like Diem which is Latin for Day which is the first sylablle of my name. I like Latin. So I picked CarpeDM – which she liked. Until I told her I didn’t mean sieze the day, I meant seize the Dana Marie. She was less than pleased.